Glued steel fiber is the term for loose fibers with hooked ends arranged in a row. The main distinction between glued and loose fibers is the ability of the former to be easily blocked together and the latter to be evenly distributed. A high-quality base steel bar with superior mechanical qualities, including high yield strength, is used to make hooked end steel fiber. As a result, the augmented fiber’s average breaking strength exceeds 1100MPa. Because of the fibers’ structural applications and homogeneous distribution, stresses may be thoroughly dispersed, and cracking development can be efficiently managed.
The benefits of glued steel fiber are many and varied. Perhaps the most apparent use is this fiber’s increased strength and durability.
Advantages of Glued Hooked End Steel Fiber
- Material Advantage
- Hook-end steel fiber is a material that can help construct concrete structures. It is known as one of the most advanced materials for strengthening concrete as it is used to reinforce the concrete’s steel reinforcement bars and improve the overall strength of a concrete structure. This helps to decrease the likelihood of cracks forming in concrete structures, reducing maintenance costs and increasing the speed of construction.
- It will make your concrete stronger, faster, and easier to work with. It is also a composite material that combines steel’s strength and durability with plastic’s flexibility and lightness. It can be used to improve the initial crack strength of concrete, making it less likely that cracks will form in the first place. Hook-end steel fiber also continuously provides post-crack strength, which means more concrete can be placed on top without worrying about cracking again.
- Technology Advantage
- Glued steel fiber is also highly resistant to fire, making it an ideal choice for applications where fire safety is a concern.
- In addition, it is less likely to absorb water than other types of fibers, making it ideal for use in areas where moisture is a concern.
- Steel fibers added to concrete increase overall flexural and shear strength and provide excellent corrosion resistance. Additionally, because concrete cannot move materials by diffusion and migration, steel fibers could prevent the spread of corrosion-induced fissures.
- Economic Advantage
- Hook-end steel fiber increases the speed at which construction projects are completed because it strengthens joints, so there is less need for repair or maintenance. When you have fewer issues with your work, you save time and money!
- In addition to increasing strength, hook-end steel fiber provides continuous protection against cracking over time—allowing you to build faster than ever!
- Glued steel fiber is also relatively easy to install, making it a good choice for various construction projects.
Applications of Glued Hooked End Steel Fiber
- Airport runways and taxiways.
- Highway pavements.
- Jointless design.
- Equipment foundations.
- Blast resistant structures.
The steel fibers used in concrete and other applications come in various forms, including glued steel, loose end steel, brass, etc. They are available from FORCETECH, a reputable steel fiber producer and supplier. To discover more about our steel fibers, get in touch with us!